Complete dentures are used to replace missing teeth for people with no remaining teeth. Dentures may also be used for people who have lost several teeth. In this case, the appliance is called a partial denture or an overdenture.
Tooth loss may result from periodontal disease (gum disease), tooth decay, or traumatic injury. It is very important to replace missing teeth. The ill effects of not doing so can be a shift in remaining teeth, an inability to bite and chew properly, as well as a sagging facial appearance, which makes one appear older than they are.
The beauty of dentures today is that they are designed to be comfortable and functional. They are very similar in appearance to natural teeth, and can improve a smile or facial appearance.
The cost of dentures depends on several factors, including:
- The possible requirement of an additional procedure such as extractions of remaining teeth or oral surgery to refine bony ridges.
- The type of dental insurance you have.
- The complexity of the removable denture that is required.
- Dental materials selected by the patient and the dentist. For example, highly cross-linked polymer denture teeth are more esthetic and do not wear as much as conventional plastic teeth and are more expensive. There are different metals that can be used in removable partial dentures that may also increase the cost.
- The type of warranty offered. Some warranties may be for one to two years, while others may run up to 10 years.
Smiles by Design Dentistry accepts most dental insurance plans and we are also pleased to offer easy, NO INTEREST financing if you do not have insurance or if your insurance plan will only provide partial coverage.